A special thanks and shout out to Chrystal of The Duo Dishes and Bren of Flanbouyant Eats for my awesome Foodista apron and cookbook that I won at Blogging While Brown last weekend. This was my motivation to get in the kitchen. Next I’ll be trying one of the amazing recipes from the Foodista cookbook!!
I feel like I’ve said this a million times, but for those who didn’t know, I lived in the Philippines with my family for 3 of my childhood years. I like to think that this is where my wanderlust and appreciation for different cultures (especially food) began.
Luckily for me, after returning to the states, my mother continued to cook some traditional Filipino dishes to shake things up a bit. One of the family favorites is pancit bihon which I made last night for the first time in my new home. Take a look and see how it turned out.
- Soak the noodles (rice sticks) in cold water for 10 minutes and drain.
- Cook and cut the chicken breast. I chose to poach the chicken in a pot of chicken stock with onions, carrots, garlic and basil, but you can cook it whichever way you prefer. Typically the chicken should be shredded, but I was being lazy and asked the guy at Whole Foods to cut it in cubes for me. They will also shred it for you as well, if you ask nicely.
- Saute onions and garlic with olive oil (the carrots and celery were an accident but it made for a pretty and colorful picture). And yes I cheated. My onions, carrots and celery were bought pre-chopped. (chopping veggies is not one of my core competencies, so I outsourced the task
- Combine all veggies, cooked chicken, broth and noodles and soy sauce for about 5 minutes or until the noodles are soft and little liquid remains.
- Add salt, pepper and/or soy sauce to taste. Serve warm with juice from a lemon/lime wedge squeezed on tip. Bon Apetite!
*Disclaimer: I’m not a chef and I’m not Filipino. I just like to eat and cook things the way I like it!
Today there is lot of unsuspected condition which force individuals to take medicines. What can we order without prescription? There are sundry drugs for male emasculation cure. If you’re concerned about sexual problem, you have to learn about “viagra substitute” and “where to buy viagra“. What is the most substantial information you must know about “how to get viagra“? Don’t forget, regard “where to get viagra“. What are the treatments sexual problems? The most common objectionable side effects of such medications like Viagra is stuffy or runny nose. Contact local soundness care provider if you have any dangerous side effect that bothers you. Do not keep out-of-date medicaments. Take them to your local apothecary which will dispose of them for you.